Peanut butter and bananas are a match made in heaven. Add a little chocolate to that and it’s like a party in your mouth. So what do you do if you have some ripe bananas, peanut butter and chocolate? You make delicious BANANA BREAD! Check out my recipe below and have a fantastic weekend 😋
PB Crave, Chocolate Banana Peanut Butter is a fantastic addition to this basic but moist chocolate banana bread recipe. Did you know that PB Crave is packed with protein? PB Crave keeps you and your kids full and satisfied while being free of gluten, cholesterol, artificial flavors, and hydrogenated oils. The blends are sweetened with organic honey, allowing them to have a sweet taste that doesn’t have too much sugar. Your entire family will enjoy the twisted, taste sensations of PB Crave peanut butters in recipes like this one or on it’s own! Trust me. #SpoonReady #MomsMeet
PB Banana Bread w/ chocolate chunks
- 2 medium bananas
- 4 tablespoons of melted butter
- 3/4 cup of sugar
- 2 eggs
- 2 teaspoons of vanilla
- 1/3 cup of sour cream
- 1/2 cup of PB Crave chocolate banana peanut butter
- 1 teaspoon of baking soda
- 1 teaspoon of baking powder
- pinch of salt
- 1 1/2 cups all purpose flour + 1 tablespoon for chocolate chunks
- 1/2 cup of chocolate chips or chunks
- HINT: if you don’t like strong PB flavor, reduce it to 2 tablespoons.
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Spray a loaf pan with some nonstick spray. Line it with parchment paper.
- In a medium bowl, mash the bananas.
- Add the melted butter, peanut butter, sugar, eggs, vanilla, sour cream to the bananas and stir until combined.
- In a separate bowl sift all of the dry ingredients together: flour, salt, baking soda and baking powder.
- Now add the mashed bananas mixture to the dry ingredients.
- Add a tablespoon of flour to the chocolate chunks and coat them well. This will help to keep them from falling to the bottom of the pan while baking.
- Fold the chocolate chunks with the rest of the batter.
- Pour batter into the prepared pan and bake for 30 minutes at 350. Then reduce the heat to 325 for the last 20-30 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean.
- Cool in the pan for about 10 minutes, and then carefully lift the banana bread out of the pan to cool on a wire rack for another 15-20 minutes.
- Slice and enjoy.
Let me know what you think.