Here is a list of things you can do for Mother’s day in the western suburbs of Chicago. As always, these places sell out fast so please call ahead to make reservations.
- Pinstripes Mother’s Day Brunch is fabulous! Located in a beautiful area with lots of shopping, cafes, spas and more. South Barrington on May 13th – 9:30am to 3pm. www.pinstripes.com
- Mother’s Day brunch at Hotel Baker in St. Charles. Beautiful park across the river for a nice stroll after brunch and tons of little shops to explore. Sunday, May 13th from 9am to 2:30pm. Children under 3 are free. www.hotelbaker.com
- The Saddle Room Mother’s Day Brunch in Hoffman Estates. This is new but looks promising. Sunday, May 13th. Looks like a fabulous spread. Call ahead for reservations, it will be super busy! www.thesaddleroomrestaurant.com
- Elgin Public House in Elgin. I have not tried this place yet but most of my friends have and they love it. May 13th, 9am to 1:30pm. Children under 5 are free. www.elginpublichouse.com/
- Egg Harbor Cafe in Geneva is my favorite place to go. They do not take reservations so it is best to arrive early. But the area is beautiful which makes the wait is bearable. However, they have many other locations throughout the Chicagoland area and they are all great. Visit them here for more locations and information: www.eggharborcafe.com/
- Mother’s Day Champagne Brunch – Randall Oaks Golf Club. 9am, 11am & 1pm on May 13th. Children under 4 are free but reservations are strongly recommended. Great views of the golf course plus Randall Oaks Zoo and parks nearby for a walk afterwards. www.randaloaksgc.com
- Tango 2 in Naperville. Seating at 10a, 12p, & 2pm. Reserve a spot on OpenTable.com or visit www.facebook.com/TangoNaperville/ Children under 6 are free! While I have never been here, the place and menu look fabulous. But I love Naperville and the River walk so I know it is a great place to visit.
- Granite City in Schaumburg is delicious. Great food! Their Brunch is 8am-3pm. Children under 5 are free. Call ahead for reservations as well. www.gcfb.com/location/schaumburg-illinois
- Mother’s Day Champagne Brunch in Bartlett Hills Golf Club 10am-2pm. Kids under 4 are free. www.bartletthills.com/mothers-day-brunch/
- Finally – grab a blanket or chairs. Pack a lunch and go have a nice picnic. There are plenty of forest preserves and parks to explore and have a nice day with mom.
Few more things that are interesting and you could do in addition to brunch:
- State Street Jewelers is hosting an estate jewelry sale on May 9th from 10 a.m. to 7 p.m. You can get a unique piece of jewelry for mom this year. For more information visit www.statestreetjewelers.com
- Movers for Mom program through May 11th. Thousands of mothers across the country are overlooked each Mother’s Day due to circumstances that force them to live in shelters as a result of domestic abuse or homelessness, the release stated. Two Men and a Truck will step in to ensure that these women receive the love and appreciation they deserve this Mother’s Day. The donations collected through the Movers for Moms program will be provided to women staying at Lazarus House in St. Charles. For more information and where you can drop off your donations: www.twomenandatruck.com
- Set aside a portion of your Mother’s Day budget and check out Mother’s Day Movement! A movement that supports mothers in need around the world. If you would like to do something meaningful with your family this Mother’s Day plus teach your kids about helping others, consider donating to this wonderful charity. You will be making a difference in healthcare, education, clean drinking water, and more. www.mothersdaymovement.org
Happy Mother’s day ❤