An influencer is an individual who has the power to affect purchase decisions of others because of his/her authority, knowledge, position or relationship with his/her audience. An individual who has a following in a particular niche, which they actively engage with.
You’ve heard this title before, you know what it is, you are intrigued by the concept, the perks and now you want to be part of this revolution but you don’t know where to start. Well come on in. I will share some of my favorite websites and my secrets with all of you for free.
Welcome to the world of social media marketing.
A lot of bloggers and influencers charge for this information because it takes a long time to learn the ropes. Tons of trial and errors. Sleepless nights. Thousands of applications and apps. But I was there. I know how hard it is. I had to ask around and was faced with a lot of rudeness and ignorance. But I kept trying and came across some really sweet mama bloggers who walked me through it. So here I am – paying it forward!
There are a couple of basic rules before you even think about applying to be an influencer with social media marketing sites. Keep in mind, I am referring to Instagram only because the sites that I share with you today, work primarily with IG influencers.
- Public social media page. If you are not ready to make your page public, you are not ready for this.
- Purpose. What do you want to share with your audience? Photography, motherhood, lifestyle, recipes, kids and toys, cats, dogs, etc? What do you want to promote the most? If you are not sure, look around. Follow some social media influencers and get some inspiration.
- Name. Choose a catchy name based on your niche and stick with it. Once this takes off, you do not want to change your name and confuse your followers and/ or brands.
- Aesthetics. Now that you know what you want to show your audience, clean up your page. Use your existing profile and followers and build upon that. But if you are just starting and you only want to have 1 social platform, my suggestion would be Instagram. Also, you do not have to have a DSLR camera but it sure does help!
- Increase your following. The more followers you have, the more campaign opportunities you will see. Your IG page is your brand, your home! This is where followers will get the first impression of you. What do you want them to see?! Create consistency on your profile and be detailed in your BIO. You want your visitors to STAY and click that FOLLOW button.
- Increase your engagements. What does this even mean? It means, engage with people on social media. Like, comment and share their stories and in turn they will do it for you as well. Get your name out there and reply to comments. The more conversations your posts attract, the better. Ask questions in your posts and get people to talk.
- Hashtags. Hashtag the life out of your posts and tag, tag, tag. Tag brands, tag locations, use the stories feature, and follow similar Instagram accounts.
- Be responsive, don’t take on more than you can handle, read the fine print and don’t disappoint your clients. You want them to come back and work with you again.
- Keep track. I use excel to note all of my collaborations, terms, due dates and payouts. Be organized.
- Don’t forget to have fun.
Once your social media platform is ready for public relations, apply to these sites. As soon as an opportunity becomes available that matches your profile, they will contact you directly. HAPPY INFLUENCING.
S T A T U S P H E R E
This website is my favorite. They are only 2 years old, female founded, created by a blogger who loves to support other female boss ladies. They make sure to include at least 1 female brand each month as well. Statusphere is unique and I love that about them!
Check out my latest limited edition #Swag 😀
Every month I receive an invite to a list of products that are available for review. I look through, carefully research and select what I would like to represent and promote that month. Once I choose the brands that work with my lifestyle and niche and I accept the potential compensation package, Statusphere confirms my selections and sends me a goody box within 7-10 days. It contains the items I chose, instructions and detailed outline of what each brand expects from me as an influencer and I get to work. Simple as that.
For influencers, this means having a streamlined and favorable way to select the brands you want to post about, without getting approached by brands who are completely off the mark for you. Our brands and influencers are vetted and approved based on selective criteria so that both parties can be certain they are building quality, mutually beneficial relationships.
Join me and sign up here:
- Please copy this @hazel.eyes.mom
- Head to Join Status
- Sign up as an influnecer but let them know @hazel.eyes.mom sent you
- Have fun!
H E A R T B E A T
Our brand partners want to work with real women, who genuinely love their product. Authenticity is important to them! Companies work with us to promote their products, fill out surveys, and more, so there are lots of ways you can make some extra money!
Heartbeat is a little different. Each time there is a match between your profile and available campaigns, you will receive an email invitation. If you think this project indeed matches your style, you like the compensation, you apply for it. Once they review all applications, they will email/ text you to let you know YOU ARE IN! From that point on, you follow all directions as stated in the email and they do vary from campaign to campaign. When your project is complete and you’ve submitted your photos, videos or blog – they will process your payment via paypal.
Join me here: Heartbeat
A M B A S S A D H E R
AmbassadHer has a lot of opportunities and for everyone. Sometimes I have to purchase the products from the brands directly but AmbassadHer reimburses me asap. Some campaigns offer compensation while others just offer the product in exchange for social media mentions. However, you have the right to accept or decline any offers you receive.
AmbassadHer was created because we believe that you matter, no matter the amount of followers you have or any other vanity metrics that used to matter years ago. So if you have 5 million great followers or 50 great followers, all of you all have value and we believe there are opportunities for every single one of you!
This one does come at a price. Minimal that is – $2.99 per month and I believe it is worth it. You do have the option of trying it out for FREE and if you do not believe this platform is for you, cancel. However, if you decide to join, they do offer a guarantee and will “find you an offer every month or will give you your money back for that month.”
WIN – WIN
Go ahead, create a free account here: AmbassadHer
S O C I A L N A T I V E
This is where I make the most cash. But I have to be honest, my profile was around 5k followers when this really started to kicking in.
Creators for Social Native are selected based on your profile so make sure you fill it out truthfully. They do all of the matching behind the scenes and will let you know when one of their campaigns aligns with your profile. Once you receive an offer, you have an opportunity to review the details and there are a lot, and then accept or deny the job/ compensation. The more jobs you decline, the less you will get in the future. So be very careful when filling out your profile. You want to ensure they can match you with the best collaborations.
Collaborate With Your Favorite Brands
We take the back-and-forth out of brand collaborations so you can focus on doing what you do best, creating epic content.
Here you can fill out a profile and request an Invite and if they want to work with you, they will let you know: Social Native Creators
That is all my friends. Take your time, clean up your image and get to work.
Thanks for sharing, I am sure many will find it helpful!