First of all, I make pancakes quiet a bit.
Secondly, I’ve tried soooo many recipes and so many have failed me (more than I care to admit).
But THIS, this recipe – I stand by it.
Let’s make some FLUFFY PANCAKES.
- 1.5 cups of flour
- 1 tbsp of sugar
- pinch of salt
- 2 tsp of baking powder
- 1.5 cups of buttermilk*
- 2 tablespoons melted butter
- 1 egg
*I make my own buttermilk. I use a cup of milk and add a tsp of white vinegar to it. Let it rest for a few minutes and boom – buttermilk.
- In a medium bowl, add your flour, sugar, salt and baking powder. Mix to incorporate.
- In another small bowl, whisk your egg, add your buttermilk and melted butter.
- Add the wet ingredients to the dry ingredients and mix until combined. Let it rest for 5 minutes.
- Use a non stick pan or griddle and whatever you do, DO NOT BUTTER IT or spray it with oil.
- Medium heat for about 30-60 seconds to heat up the pan.
- Pour about half a cup to 1 cup of batter into the pan. Depends on how big you like your pancakes. Sometimes I like to make ONE big one for each person but sometimes I like mini pancakes too.
- Wait until you see bubbles forming around the edges and flip. Don’t let it bubble up too much, it will dry out the pancake.
That’s it. Top with your favorites and enjoy.
We like it traditional: powdered sugar and syrup. But sometimes we get fancy and add fruit or even chocolate chips.
TIPS: You can double up this recipe and keep the extra pancakes in your fridge for up to a week. Just microwave them for 10 seconds and instant breakfast.