It is safe to say that I have a coffee addiction. Starbucks obsession. However, my little ones are jumping on this Starbucks train and I am not sure I want to share my little piece of heaven 🤦.
They haven’t started drinking coffee or any of the fancy drinks – yet; but they sure love Starbucks madeleine cookies. Both of them are hooked and my wallet is feeling it. I had to find a recipe for these babies that would satisfy my cookie monsters and save more money for my “extra shots” of espresso 😜. Because let’s be honest, mom needs those EXTRA SHOTS!!!
I did not come up with this recipe on my own. I wouldn’t even know where to begin.
BUT –> Pintrest to the rescue.
I looked up the first few recipes and they all seemed to have the same list of ingredients. Under 10! Which is super important when you decide to make something from scratch an hour before school starts. YUP! That just happened.
Thankfully I had everything on hand and did not have to go shopping!!! #momwin
THANK YOU TO www.cakecentral.com
“These precious little cakes are easy to make and make the perfect sweet for entertaining. Enjoy soft, delicate Madeleines fresh from the oven, or serve day old with a cup of coffee for dipping.”
- 1/4 cup butter
- 2 eggs
- 3/4 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1/3 cup granulated sugar
- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 tablespoon lemon zest
- 1/3 cup confectioners’ sugar for dusting
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F.
- Prepare madeleine molds with butter and dust with flour, set aside.
- Melt butter, set aside to cool to room temperature.
- Beat eggs, vanilla and salt until frothy
- Gradually add sugar while beating for 5 to 10 minutes, until mixture is thick.
- Mixture will form ribbons when beater is lifted.
- Sift flour and fold in 1/3 additions into egg mixture. Add lemon zest.
- Pour melted butter over batter and gently fold until combined.
- Spoon batter into molds, bake 15 to 17 minutes, until cake springs back to the touch and is golden brown.
- Remove from molds to cooling rack and dust with confectioners’ sugar.
You can find the pan on Amazon – http://amzn.to/2BOeevW
Now – the Starbucks cake pops I will NOT attempt to recreate because they are my go to BRIBE food 🤣