Inspired by one of my subscribers here is an easy and family friendly recipe.
This week we are making – Baked Parmesan Chicken Strips. They are oven baked and so easy to put together, super crunchy and full of flavor. Bonus: cost is under $10!
- Line a baking sheet with foil and set aside.
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees.
- Cut the chicken into 16 strips.
- In a wide, shallow bowl – mix together the Panko, Parmesan, parsley, paprika, salt & pepper. Set aside.
- Melt the butter in microwave safe dish, add minced garlic and lemon juice.
- Dip the chicken strips in the melted butter mixture.
- Coat the chicken in the breadcrumbs.
- Place the chicken on the baking sheet. Do not overcrowd.
- Repeat until done.
- Bake for about 30 minutes or until golden brown.
TIPS: I used shredded Parmesan cheese but I would recommend using grated. It will stick better. Also if you have any breadcrumb mixture left over, use it to spoon over the strips before you bake them. Adds a bit more crunch. You can also skip the lemon and use more butter but it does give it a bit of a tang, which I like!
We served this with Cauliflower Mac n Cheese but you can also serve it over baked ziti, spaghetti, mashed or baked potatoes.