Happy Peanut Butter Lovers Day!
I bet you didn’t know that was a thing, did ya?!
I sure didn’t. But I am glad I read about it because now I get to share a fancy new PB recipes with all of you. Enjoy.
- 1/2 stick unsalted butter, softened
- 1 medium (ripe) banana, peeled and mashed
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 2 tbsp granulated sugar
- 2 tsps of vanilla
- 1 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 tbsp corn starch
- pinch of salt
- 1/2 cup of chocolate chips
- 2 tbsp of peanut butter or 1/2 of pb chips
In a stand mixer, cream butter, sugars and the banana until smooth.
Add vanilla extract and mix.
- In a separate medium bowl, whisk together the flour, salt, baking soda, corn starch.
Add the flour mixture to the butter bowl and mix until combined.
Fold in the peanut butter and chocolate chips.
Cover and put in the freezer for 10 minutes.
Preheat your oven to 375 degrees F.
Line two cookie sheets with parchment paper.
Use an ice cream scoop to scoop out the dough onto the cookie sheets.
Bake 11-13 minutes or just until they start to turn light, golden brown on top.
Let the cookies cool completely on the cookie sheets before serving and enjoying.
- Can be used to make ice scream sandwiches or stored in an airtight container for up to a week.
These cookies are not your typical cookie. They are rich with flavor and extra soft. They are almost like a sweet, decadent bite of fresh banana bread. Perfect as a snack, dessert or breakfast.
Happy Peanut Butter Day .