Happy Peanut Butter Lovers Day!
I bet you didn’t know that was a thing, did ya?!
I sure didn’t. But I am glad I read about it because now I get to share a fancy new PB recipes with all of you. Enjoy.
- 1/2 stick unsalted butter, softened
- 2 tbsps of peanut butter
- 1 medium (ripe) banana
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 2 tbsps granulated sugar
- 1 tsp of vanilla
- 1 cup all-purpose flour or 3/4 cups of Ottos’s Cassava Flour for gluten free option
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1 tsp baking powder or corn starch
- pinch of salt
- 1/2 cup of chocolate chips
- In a stand mixer or by hand, cream butter, sugars and the banana until smooth.
- Add vanilla extract and mix.
- In a separate medium bowl, whisk together the flour, salt, baking soda, corn starch.
- Add the flour mixture to the butter bowl and mix until combined.
- Fold in the peanut butter and chocolate chips.
- Cover and put in the freezer for 10 minutes.
- Preheat your oven to 375 degrees F.
- Line a cookie sheet with parchment paper.
- Use an ice cream scoop or tablespoon to scoop out the dough onto the sheet.
- Bake 11-13 minutes or just until they start to turn light, golden brown on top.
- Let the cookies cool completely on the cookie sheet before serving and enjoying.
Can be used to make ice scream sandwiches or stored in an airtight container for up to a week.
Can be made smaller, will yield 18-20 cookies and should be baked for about 8 minutes.
These cookies are not your typical cookies. They are rich with flavor and super soft. Almost like a sweet, decadent bite of fresh banana bread. Perfect as a snack, dessert or breakfast.
Happy Peanut Butter Day.