This seems too good to be true, right?
I’ve made my fair share of banana breads and I have a recipe that is my go to. But social media did it again and I had to give this a try.
3 Ingredients????? Come on!
Let’s make it.
- 3-4 Ripe Bananas
- 1 Box of Yellow Cake Mix [I used white]
- 2 Eggs
Optional: walnuts and chocolate chips.
- First, preheat the oven to 350F.
- Next, in a medium bowl, mashed the bananas with a fork or a whisk.
- Finally, add the eggs and the cake mix and whisk it all until combined.
- Spray a loaf pan with cooking spray or butter and transfer the batter into the pan.
- Bake for an hour or until golden brown and no longer gooey in the center.
- Let it rest for at least 30 minutes before slicing. But it’s best the next day.
TIPs: Definitely use 3-4 ripe bananas. I made the mistake of only using 2 and it was a bit dry. Also, I would most definitely add 1 cup of chocolate chips next time.
How good does that look? And let me tell you, it was a hit with the kids and hubby too.
I really hope you give this a try. The internet won with this one. So fast and easy. Plus it would make a great housewarming gift, breakfast and you can make it into muffins too.
Until next time, stay sweet.