This recipe needs no intro. Let’s just get into it and make these luxurious 4 ingredient lazy cookies.
To be completely transparent, this is not my recipe. I found it online last year and they quickly became a family favorite. Thank you Smart School House for sharing this with us.
These lazy cookies are seriously the easiest yet the most delicious cookies ever. I am talking about bakery style cookies. Once you try them, you will make them over and over again. Trust me.
- 1 stick of butter
- 2 eggs
- 1 box of yellow cake mix
- 1 bag of Ghirardelli Milk chocolate chips (11.5 oz bag)
OPTIONAL: add seasonal sprinkles to make it more festive. Also, you can substitute the chocolate chips for M&Ms, chocolate chunks, nuts, etc. Make it your own, like I did.
- Preheat your oven to 350 degrees F.
- Grease a square or 9×13 pan and set aside. Square one will obviously make less but thicker pieces. The 9×13 makes more but thinner pieces. I prefer the 9×13.
- Soften the butter in your microwave. Just until barely melted.
- In a medium bowl, add your butter and eggs and mix well.
- Add the yellow cake mix and combine all together.
- Now add the entire bag of chocolate chips and fold them in with a spatula.
- Add the dough into your greased pan and spread out evenly. If you are adding sprinkles, this is the time to add them.
- Bake for about 20-25 minutes, take it out and let them cool for 10-15 minutes.
- Cut into squares or bite size pieces. Serve and enjoy.
FYI: I used semi sweet chocolate chips for this recipe but I definitely recommend the MILK chocolate chips. They are richer in taste and size.
Please, please make these. You will not regret it! Also don’t forget to try my Panera Copycat Muffin Tops recipe.