Good morning. How is your summer break so far? We have been doing well balancing adventures and lazy days! Today was one of the lazy days and I needed a quick and delicious breakfast to fill up these little bellies for a morning full of TV and games 😉
Here is a recipe for a scrumptious breakfast treat. Double it up or substitute chocolate chips for raisins or blueberries and you have yourself breakfast for a week. Enjoy!
Chocolate Chip Muffin Tops
- 6 tablespoons of salted butter, softened
- 6 tablespoons of granulated sugar
- 1 egg
- 1 cup of all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon of baking soda
- pinch of baking powder
- 6 tablespoons of buttermilk
- 1/2 cup of chocolate chips (or more)
- Preheat your oven to 425 degrees. Line two baking sheets with parchment paper.
- In a medium sized bowl, cream together the butter and granulated sugar. Add the egg, mix until smooth and creamy.
- In a separate bowl, combine the flour, baking soda and baking powder. Mix.
- Now add the flour and the buttermilk to the main bowl. Give it another mix to combine.
- Fold in the chocolate chips gently.
- With a standard ice cream scoop – scoop out the dough onto the lined baking sheets. About 2-3 inches between each one to allow enough space to spread out. Bake for about 11 minutes or until lightly browned.
- Transfer them to a cooling rack to cool completely. Dust with powdered sugar if you like.
SHOP THE POST: