I woke up with a craving for chili! So I made it.
Easy with simple ingredients but a whole lot of flavor.
I also don’t have a preference when it comes to chili. Red or white, I am down for it all.
What about you? What’s your favorite chili?
Instant Pot: Bomb Chicken Chili
- 1 tbsp avocado oil
- 1 small yellow onion, chopped
- 1 green pepper, chopped
- 2 cans cannellini beans – drained and rinsed
- 1 can fire roasted corn – drained and rinsed
- 1 small can of green chiles, mild or hot
- 1 tsp cumin
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 3 tsp chili powder
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1 /2 tsp pepper
- 1/2 tsp turmeric
- 2 chicken breasts
- 1 cup of water
- handful of cilantro, chopped
- 1/2 cup of sour cream
- 2 tbsp cream cheese
- 1 juice of lime
- Toppings: tortilla chips, avocado, fresh jalapeno and lime.
- Start on sauté.
- Add the avocado oil, onions, green peppers, beans, corn, water, green chiles, spices. Mix to combine.
- Add the chicken on top and press it into the veggies.
- Close the lid. Set pressure to Sealing and choose the chili option but set it to low. Not high and 20 minutes.
- Once it beeps, allow the pressure to come down naturally for 10 minutes. Release the remaining pressure via Quick Release by turning the pressure valve to Venting position. Be careful and give yourself space.
- Once it’s all done, you can now open the lid and remove the chicken onto a plate.
- Shred the chicken and return it to the pot.
- Now add cilantro, sour cream, cream cheese and lime juice.
- Mix to combine and serve.
- Top with your favorites and enjoy.
Wasn’t that easy? And delicious? YUM!
For another Instant Pot recipes, please check out my Tomato Soup recipe. And if you want me to try something else, comment below.
Until next time friends.