Churros are a popular Mexican dessert that is typically eaten on its own or dipped in chocolate. However, it is a bit of a complicated recipe that involves frying. So when I don’t have time or want to do all of that, I make the next best thing: churro chips.
These sweet, crispy and sugary bites of deliciousness are dusted in mega cinnamon goodness. Easy to make and easy to eat. Bonus: we cut out ours in spooky shapes to get us all into the Halloween spirit. Do you feel it??????
The best part: it involves 4 ingredients and you probably have them all at home already. Let’s make it.
TIP: If you are making this for a party, please double or triple the recipe.
- 3 medium sized tortillas
- 2 tbsp. butter, melted
- 1/4 cup white sugar
- 1 tsp ground cinnamon
OPTIONAL: Nutella or melted chocolate for dipping.
- Preheat your oven to 425 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Using cookie cutters, cut out your desired shapes and set aside.
- In a small bowl, add the cinnamon to the sugar and mix to combine.
- In a separate (microwave safe bowl), melt the butter.
- Lightly brush each of the cut out shapes with the butter. Both sides. Just a smidge. Enough to hold the sugar. That’s it.
- Sprinkle the sugar on top of each piece of cut out shape, both sides and place on a baking sheet.
- Space them out about 2 inches apart. If you put them too close together they will not crisp up. They will be soggy. Use two sheets if you have to or make 2 batches.
- Bake for 8-10 minutes. Until golden brown on the edges.
- Take it out and let it rest for 3-4 minutes before taking off of the baking sheet.
- You can eat as is or serve with melted chocolate.
TIP: If you want to take this to go, please let it cool completely before packaging.
That is it. Like I said, so easy, so fast, the kids can help and it’s really delicious. I made a small batch this time because I only had 3 tortillas :)! But otherwise, this would be a full basket.
If you don’t have cookie cutters, don’t worry. Just cut them up into triangles. Have fun with it. It all tastes the same in the end. And don’t forget to check out my other Halloween recipe: Easy Peasy Halloween Treat.
Until next time, keep the recipes easy!