Recently, I discovered that my daughter is over the infamous Starbucks cake pops. What?
Those darn things will forever be a piece of her childhood. But have no fear, she has swiftly moved onto the Starbucks double chocolate chunk brownie.
Which, by the way, is amazeballs and it’s also why you are here! So let’s make it.
Obviously I didn’t think of this on my own. I searched for the recipe and of course, without blinking an eye – several versions popped up. Thanks to all of those brave souls, I tested and came up with my own rendition of this heavenly brownie. Let me know what you think.
Starbucks (copycat) Double Chocolate Chunk Brownies
- 2 sticks room temp butter
- 1 1/2 cups reg sugar
- 1/2 cup light brown sugar
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 4 eggs
- 1 1/3 cups flour
- 1 cup cocoa powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2 x 3.5 oz bars Ghirardelli Intense Dark 72% Cacao, Twilight Delight bar or Ghirardelli chocolate chips but I would suggest the BAR!!!
- Preheat your oven to 350 degrees.
- Butter or spray a 9 x 13 baking pan and line it with parchment paper.
- In a stand mixer beat together the butter, sugar, brown sugar and vanilla.
- Once it’s all nice and combined, add the eggs in – one at a time. Slowly.
- In a separate, small mixing bowl sift together the flour, cocoa powder, baking soda and salt.
- Slowly add the dry ingredients to the butter mixture in the mixer.
- Chop up 1 of the chocolate bars into chunks and add it to your batter. Mix with a spatula.
- Spread the batter into your 9×13 prepared pan.
- Now chop up the other chocolate bar into chunks and sprinkle it all over the brownie batter in the pan.
- Bake for about 45 minutes or until brownies begin to pull away from the side of the pan and are no longer giggly in the center.
TIPS: This batter is very thick. But don’t worry, it is chewy, rich and soft. Simply amazing. Also if you want more of a smokey flavor, use dark brown sugar instead of light BS. YUM!
[…] if you love brownies please hop on over to my Starbucks Copycat Double Chocolate Chunk Brownie […]
[…] If you would like to see a quick video on the process of this cake, head on over to my Instagram. But also check out my other chocolate recipes here. […]