This is a good month as any to share something green on my blog. Especially since I don’t do too many St. Pat’s inspired posts. But this recipe is absolutely amazing and you have to try it asap.
I have shared this recipe all over my socials but it’s only fair that I make it hazeleyesmom.com official too. So let’s get into it.
First of all this recipe is not mine. I originally saw it on Tiktok and knew I had to try it immediately. The ingredients are everything I love and more. But they had me at the crunch! ASMR to the ^ degree!
Inspired by Melissa but with my own twists and turns, I present to you the Viral Green Goddess Salad.
I made this salad several times already. But over time I learned that I needed to play with the ingredients a bit. I wanted to make it more ME friendly. So I eliminated a few of the originals and made it my own. Not because they did not taste good, but because I don’t usually buy particular ingredients and I wanted this salad to be something I can make without having to go to a specialty store.
You may do the same once you try it. Or you may like the original more. Try both versions and let me know what you think.
My Green Goddess Salad
- 1 small head of cabbage or half of large one
- 3-4 green onions
- 1 large English cucumbers or 6 small Persian ones
- 1 cup fresh broccoli (optional)
- 1-2 cups fresh spinach
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 2 tbsps. rice vinegar or white vinegar
- 1 small shallot
- 2 garlic cloves
- 1/2 cup cashews or walnuts
- 1/3 cup freshly squeezed lemon juice
- 1 tsp salt
- pinch of pepper
- In a food processor, blend all of the ingredients for the dressing and set aside.
- Finely chop/ slice cabbage, cucumber, broccoli and green onions.
- Add all veggies to a big bow that has a lid.
- Smother the veggies with the dressing and mix it well.
- You can serve immediately with pita/ tortilla chips or as a side salad. It is delicious either way. But I like to set it in the fridge for 30 minutes to let the flavors marinate a bit.
- This salad does not do well over a few days. So I would make it to serve the same day or next day only.
So, what do you think? Will you make it?
Until next time, crunch crunch baby!