You want a quick waffle recipe? Well, here it is!
I have tried many variations of waffle recipes and while they are all good in their own way, this one, is THE one.
I will warn you, it is on the sweeter side. You can basically eat these on their own. But they are best if served with fruit or light drizzle of honey/ syrup. If you plan on topping them with Nutella or something sweeter, you may want to cut back on the sugar.
Also, this recipe makes about 8-10 mini waffles. Just enough for 4. But if you are making them for a larger crowd, double it up.
Here is what I came up with:
Mini Belgian Waffles
- 1 cup all purpose flour
- 6 tbsps. sugar
- 1 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 1 large egg
- 3/4 cups of milk
- 1 stick of melted butter
- 1 tsp vanilla
- Turn on your mini waffle maker.
- In a medium bowl combine flour, sugar, and baking powder.
- In a separate bowl beat your egg, add milk, melted butter and vanilla: mix.
- Combine the wet ingredients with the dry ingredients and mix until combined.
- Scoop up about 1/4 cup of batter onto the waffle maker and bake.
- Once the light turns off, wait about 30 seconds more before taking them out. This gives them that crunchy exterior but super soft interior.
- Serve and enjoy.
This is where you can find the mini waffle maker. It is life changing.
6 different colors
21 different shapes and colors
Let me know if you try them and if you would change anything. Also, check out my pancake recipe here. Until next time, keep calm and eat waffles or pancakes. 🙂