Looking for that perfect dessert for the holiday season?! Well, here are two of my favs!
When the stress of shopping and visiting your in laws 😉 sets in, you need a recipe that won’t add to that. These are super easy, rich in flavor and easy on the wallet too.
Bonus – you won’t spend all day baking but it will seem like you did.
Win – Win.
No Bake Éclair Cake
- 2 x 3.5 oz package of instant chocolate [or any flavor] pudding mix
- 1 x 8 oz container of whipped topping (cool whip) thawed
- 3 cups of milk [not 2 per box as stated on the packaging]
- 2 packages of graham cracker squares
- 1 store bought tub of chocolate frosting
- In a medium bowl, mix together the pudding mix and milk.
- Add Cool Whip. Fold in gently.
- In an 9 x 13 baking dish, arrange a single layer of graham cracker squares on the bottom. You may have to break them up to cover the corners of your dish.
- Spread half of the pudding on top of the crackers.
- Layer another layer of graham crackers over the pudding mixture.
- Then layer the other half of the pudding on top of crackers.
- Top with a final layer of graham crackers.
- Cover with plastic wrap and refrigerate for about 30 min.
- Put the tub of chocolate frosting in the microwave for about 15 seconds to soften (remove lid and aluminum foil top before microwaving). Stir the frosting and make sure its spreadable.
- Take the cake out of the fridge, remove the plastic wrap and spread the chocolate frosting all over the top layer of the graham crackers. You may add nuts, chocolate chips, graham cracker dust, or sprinkles for fun flavors and decorations.
- Place plastic wrap over top of dish and put back in fridge until its time to serve or take to a party.
- Let it be. This dessert gets better over time. The graham crackers need time to soften up. When ready, slice and serve!
You can buy any brands that you like. You can find all of these ingredients in the organic sections as well. Also, don’t be afraid to try different flavors. Banana pudding, with sliced bananas, topped with whipped cream. Chocolate pudding with walnuts, topped with vanilla frosting. Use your imagination. Have fun and enjoy!
- 1 8oz package of cream cheese, room temp
- 1 package of OREO cookies-finely crushed [about 40 cookies]
- 12 oz of white chocolate chips, melted or almond bark
- food coloring [optional]
- In your food processor add all of the cookies. Crush until you have semi fine cookie crumbs. Reserve about 3 tablespoons of crumbs for decorating [step 6].
- Add the softened cream cheese and pulse until well blended.
- Shape into 1 inch balls, lay on wax paper and freeze for about 10 minutes.
- Over low heat or microwave, melt the chips and then add food coloring if you so choose. Let it cool for a min or two.
- Dip each ball separately in melted chocolate and roll around with forks. Remove and let the excess chocolate drip off. Place back on the wax paper.
- Sprinkle with remaining cookie crumbs for decoration.
- Refrigerate until ready to serve or eat…at least an hour.
Crush the cookies before you add the cream cheese. Feel free to use any cookie you like. Works well with graham crackers or any crunchy cookie. Pumpkin flavors would work well for the fall, mint for the holidays, etc. Also, you can use white or dark chocolate for coating and food coloring to enhance the season or festivity. Have fun and enjoy!