Let’s taco ’bout fish!
Fish tacos of course.
Tacos are my life. I could probably eat them every day and never get bored. Mainly because they are quick, easy and packed with flavors. Toppings are endless.
Who doesn’t love tacos anyways 🌮?
Tacos are classic. They are the type of food where you can really add or subtract anything and it will still be amazing. But one of my favorite ways to make them is by using Gorton’s Beer Battered Fish Fillets. They make it so simple and delicious. Plus it’s an easy way to #stickwithfish
I especially love these fillets because they are 100% whole fillet fish with no fillers, no preservatives, no artificial colors or flavors, no hydrogenated oils or antibiotics. I feel good about eating Gorton’s.
- 1 package of Gorton’s Beer Battered Fish Fillets
- 10 medium flour or 20 corn tortillas*
- half of a red cabbage head, shredded or coleslaw mix will do
- 1 lime or lemon
- 1/2 cup of sour cream
- 1 medium tomato, diced
- bunch of cilantro leaves
- 1 jalapeno pepper, sliced
- 1 avocado, sliced
*if you are using corn tortillas, double them up because they tend to break
- Bake Gorton’s Beer Battered Fish Fillets according to packaging.
- Shred your cabbage, dice your tomatoes, slice your jalapeno and lime or lemon, chop up your cilantro and prep your avocado.
- I like my cabbage raw. But if you are not a fan of that, this is the time where you can add your sour cream to the cabbage and squeeze the lime or lemon into it. Salt and pepper it and let it sit until ready to assemble.
- You can also add all of your toppings to the cabbage mix and just use that when your fish is ready. I added everything separately to make it pretty :).
- Warm up your tortillas. I charred mine on the gas stove top but you can do it in a pan, on the grill, griddle or microwave too.
- Assemble your toppings as you wish and top it with Gorton’s Beer Battered Fish Fillets.
Leave a Reply