Wonderful women should be celebrated daily but having a day just for Mom is fabulous. So in honor of this special day, I took it upon myself and asked my mommy friends, polled the social media circle and searched online for the best Mother’s Day gifts. Most of the requests included things that I would pick as well but some surprised me. Here are moms most wanted gifts!
- Spa Day. Almost every mom that I spoke to said she wanted a spa day. From something as simple as a manicure & pedicure, to facials, massages, tanning, hair services and even Botox. Injections are on top of the list this year!
- Weekend getaway. About 50% of responds I received agreed that a quick, even 1 day getaway from kids and responsibilities is all she needs. A day to recharge with her partner, alone or with other moms.
- Sleeping in. This was a popular one as well. Moms want their partner to take charge this day. Take the kids out for breakfast and let mom sleep in. She just needs to wake up on her own and enjoy a peaceful morning.
- Babysitter. Moms really love when their spouses make arrangements for babysitters and plan something special. A nice walk or hike, fancy lunch or dinner, or as simple as a quiet evening at home.
- Family day. I think I was surprised by how many of us actually enjoy Mother’s day with the fam bam. My husband and the kids usually take me out for breakfast to my favorite place. Afterwards, we go for a walk, maybe stop by a park and just have a relaxing day as a family and I enjoy that.
- Gifts. We sure DO love our gifts 😍. Flowers are always a hit but other popular requests were:
Whatever you do, make sure it’s special and she feels loved. No chaos or drama for at least one day. Simple notes of appreciation, long hugs, a foot or back rub is sometimes all she wants and needs.
Moms – if you have more ideas to add to the list, please comment below. I would love to hear them.