Sorry I have been MIA but I took some much needed time to regroup. While it has been a crazy couple of weeks, I had to jump on here really quick and share my all time favorite soup recipe with all of you. It is kid friendly and can be dressed up for the adults as well. Give it a try and let me know what you think.
Have a great week and stay warm my friends.
No cream – cream of veggie soup [Servings: 6]
- 2 cloves of garlic
- 2 celery sticks
- 2 large potatoes
- Half of an onion
- Cup of carrots
- Half head of cauliflowers
- 2 broccoli heads
- 4 cups of water
- 4 cups of chicken or vegetable stock
- 1 tbsp. of salt
- ½ tbsp. of parsley
- ¼ tbsp. of paprika
- ¼ tbsp. of pepper
- Add 4 cups of water and 4 cups of stock to a pot.
- Roughly chop all of the vegetables and add them to the pot with water/ stock.
- Cook on high and bring it to a boil.
- Cover slightly, reduce to low and cook for 30 minutes. Until all the vegetables are fork tender.
- Turn it off, do not drain.
- With a hand held blender, blend everything until silky smooth and serve.
If your family does not like spice, please omit pepper.
You can use sweet potatoes instead of regular potatoes or a mix of both.
You can also use all water or all stock.
You can add more spices: cayenne, cumin, turmeric, etc.
Serve with toast, grilled cheese, croutons, cheese or side salad.
In other news, I purchased an InstaPot! That was my only Black Friday purchase and I am so excited. I tried it yesterday and made some classic mashed potatoes and they were amazing. Will definitely be doing that again. So come back for more recipes soon.