Who doesn’t need an energy boost these days, am I right?
I love to bring good energy into my life. Physically, spiritually, emotionally, or in this case through food.
But this particular recipe isn’t new to me. I have been making these energy bite or balls for a few years now. And it was a recipe that, like many of my recipes, was created by accident. Believe it or not, I had a charcuterie platter with tons of left over dates and nuts from a party, which I did not want to go to waste, so I tossed them into a blender, add a binder and voila: energy balls were born. Pretty crazy, but we loved them and now I make them as often as possible.
And as you can imagine, loving this concoction wasn’t too big of a surprise to us, since we love these ingredients individually. The real test was when I shared it on social media and others tried it and loved it too! That’s when the magic happened. It was a hit with everyone who tried them.
And thanks to my sister who gave me an earful last week about not having the recipe up on my blog…here you all go!
- 1/2 cup of walnuts
- 1/2 cup of pecans
- 11 pitted dates
- 2 tablespoons of honey
- 1/4 cup of old fashion oats
- pinch of salt
- In a blender add all of your ingredients except the salt and pulse until it starts coming together. Forming a dough like consistency.
- Add the salt and pour it out into a bowl.
- With the palm of your hands start forming bite size balls and arrange them in a separate dish.
- Once you are done, refrigerate for at least an hour before consuming. This helps all of the flavors come together but also solidify a bit and be less sticky.
- If you want to eat them right away you can. But I would suggest rolling them in coconut flakes or finely chopped nuts.
Energy bites are so easy to make. No baking required. All of the ingredients are clean and not only boost energy, but are an excellent source of fiber, great for bones, heart, metabolism, skin, and so much more. A pure bite of health benefits. Nutritious and delicious.
Until next time, make something from scratch.
Oh Dijana these look and sound delish**** I have printed recipe to try! I will keep you posted!
Hazel Eyes Mom
Thank you my beautiful friend.