Hey Google: what are the best gifts for moms this year?
If you haven’t googled this exact phrase at least once in your life, who are you? And tell me your secrets!
But really, I am willing to bet that most of us have and it can be overwhelming.
Am I right?
I get it. We all want to give our moms the best, coolest and newest but most thoughtful gift of the year! But being a mom, I also want those things for myself too.
Yea yea, sure we want the gift to be from the heart (blah blah)! But if you are a man/ partner reading this and you are clueless, here is a clue: buy us something expensive.
Trust me, no matter how many times we say “it doesn’t matter” – it matters.
What also matters is that it makes sense.
There is nothing worse then telling your partner you want new Airforce 1s but they get you random Nike shoes. No!
If you’ve never seen her in a dress, don’t buy her a dress.
If she doesn’t work out, skip the Fabletics subscription.
But if she loves to bake, kitchen accessories are great.
If she loves to run, new running gear will be amazing.
When a mom is specific and starts brand dropping, it means that is exactly what she wants. And yes, we leave hints and hints and hints: listen, write them down or ask.
Anyways…….for those of us still don’t know what to get but want to make it special, here is a NEW and updated list. Have fun.
Extra credit: gift giving ideas and how to make the day extra special:
- Grab a few gifts, small and big. Wrap them up individually and hide them around the house. If you have small kids, let them help. Make a scavenger hunt and have her open multiple gifts throughout the day.
- Wake up early. Go get coffee/ tea, etc. Surprise her with breakfast in bed. This is an oldy but a goodie.
- Make her the star of the day. She is not allowed to do anything for the morning or all day.
- Plan a brunch at her favorite place and take her shopping.
- If you are still following social distancing, arrange a video chat with her mom/ kids.
- Fill a basket with her favorite things and spend the day watching her favorite shows.
- Leave her alone. Let her spend the day as she pleases.
- Make an appointment for a spa day.
- If all of the moms/ grandmas get along, plan a special lunch for all.
- If you know how to cook or bake, make something special. Her favorites.
Now – get to shopping. For more ideas, check out last year’s list Mother’s Day Gift Ideas 2020
Have a wonderful Mother’s Day ladies.