Nothing tastes and smells as good as freshly baked pastries. Especially if Nutella is involved. YUM!
I love the smell, the taste and the process. It’s almost therapeutic.
When I feel under the weather or have a migraine, one way I love to distract myself from the pain is by cooking. Yesterday was one of those days.
I was feeling super congested, my head was pounding. Nothing I took was helping or working and I just had to keep myself busy. I came up with these: Nutella Chocolate Twists.
Let me show you how to make them.
- 3/4 cups of warm milk (or water)*
- 2 tsps active dry yeast
- 2 tsps honey
- 2 1/3 cups of flour
- 2 pinches of salt
- 1/2 cup of warm water
- 1/3 cup flour for dusting
- 1.5 cups of Nutella
- 2 tbsp unsalted butter
- 1 tbsp raw or brown sugar
- parchment paper
*vitamin D milk will make them softer
1. In a medium sized bowl or a stand mixer with the dough hook, combine the water, yeast, and honey. Let sit 5 minutes just until bubbly.
2. Add the flour, salt and the other 1/2 cup of warm water. Knead by hand or mixer until the dough comes together to form a smooth ball. Few minutes.
3. Cover the bowl with a kitchen towel and let it rise in a warm place. 30-40 minutes. An hour is fine too.
4. Preheat the oven to 375° F and line a baking sheet with parchment paper. You can also use a muffin tin but they look more professional on parchment paper.
5. Flour your working surface, roll out the dough into a rectangle. Try to get it about 1/4 inch thick. If it starts getting sticky, add flour where needed. Sprinkle a little at a time.
6. In a microwave safe bowl, measure out 1 cups of Nutella (you may need more). Melt in microwave for 10 seconds. Just to make it soft enough to spread.
7. Spread the Nutella on the bottom half of the dough.
8. Fold the top half of dough over the bottom half. Chocolate should be in the middle. Press lightly to stick it together.
9. With a pizza cutter, cut into 14-16 strips. Twist each strip into a twisty knot and place each one on the prepared baking sheet.
10. Melt 2 tablespoons of butter and brush each twist. Save the rest for later.
11. For an extra crunch and flavor, sprinkle a little raw sugar on each twist as well.
12. Into the oven they go. Bake for about 18-20 minutes or until golden brown.
13. Remove from the oven, brush with remaining butter and let it rest for a few minutes.
14. Enjoy. Best when warm.
Let me know if you try them and what you think. Also, take a look at my other Nutella recipes: Nutella.
These look so yummy! I have to make them for the girls!
Hazel Eyes Mom
Thanks friend ♡
I cannot wait to try this. Anything Nutella my language
Hazel Eyes Mom
These look soooo yummy! I can’t wait to try them 🙊🤤🤤
Trying this forsure,nutella is my weakness!
Omg these look so yummy! Definitely have to try these 😍😍