Thanks Sara. 😁
…and to pay homage to one of MY favorite spreads, here is a quick 5 minute truffle recipe that is sure to impress your guests.
5 Minute Nutella Truffles
- 2/3 cups of graham crackers, crushed
- 1/2 cup of nuts of choice, I used hazelnuts (finely chopped)
- 1/2 cup of Nutella
- 2 tbsp milk
- Optional toppings: sprinkles, cocoa powder and powdered sugar
- Grind up your graham crackers in a food processor. You can also use animal crackers, but it will be a bit more sweeter. Add to a medium bowl.
- Finally chop up your hazelnuts, walnuts or peanuts. You can really add any nuts you like. Add to your bowl with the graham crackers.
- Add the nutella and mix with a spatula until it starts coming together.
- Add 1 tablespoon of milk at a time. If it looks like it’s coming together nicely and not crumbling, skip the 2nd spoon of milk. Otherwise, add another spoon of milk.
- Get your coating/ toppings together in separate bowls.
- With a small spoon, scoop up some of the Nutella truffle batter, roll it up with your hands to form a ball and toss into your favorite toppings.
- We used all 3: sprinkles, powdered sugar and cocoa powder.
- This will make about 24 bite size truffles. But if you want to make them larger or double up the recipe, go for it. Have fun.
- If you serve it immediately, it will still have a bit of a crunch from the graham crackers. If you let them rest and serve later or next day, the flavors really melt together and they taste much better.
We are huge Nutella lovers and I mean HUGE. We have it for breakfast, as a snack, in desserts and on the go. I grew up eating it and my kids don’t know life without it. I mean, it’s delicious afterall and there is nothing wrong with that. 🤪
What’s your favorite way to eat Nutella? Let me know in the comments and tag me if you try these yummy truffles.
Here are two more recipes that include the good ol’ Nutella. #WNDGiveaway