If I had to choose one word to describe our time at Go Ape, it would be WOW.
Wild and Out of this World!
Go Ape Chicago is an adventure park located about 20 miles outside of Chicago at Bemis Woods Forest Preserves in Western Springs, Illinois. It is a forest filled with every child’s dream. Obstacle courses, climbing and swinging from ropes – oh my!
This blog post was sponsored by Go Ape Chicago. But all opinions are my own.
“Dad, this is what I do at recess every day! Except I feel safe and secure here.
LET’S DO THIS!”-Donnie, 7
This mama’s heart was full. And scared. But mostly full. 😁
WHAT DID WE DO?
From the moment we parked, our kids, 11 and 7, were SOLD. The excitement was in the air. You can hear the families laughing and the kids screaming and giggling throughout the park. It was motivating and inspiring.
Step 1: We briefly stopped by the check in office, got our wristbands, grabbed our gloves (available for sale on site), and headed onto our first course.
Step 2: We got fitted with safety gear, listened to the rules and had to pass a mock course in order to go up. Pretty legit!
Step 3: Our mission for the day was the Treetop Journey. With 21 unique and exciting obstacles and the highest platform reaching at what I though was ONLY 30 feet, we were confident we had this one in the bag.
The kids were pros. The adults, not so much! 😂 I may have cried a little at one point but shhh. Don’t tell the kids.
Step 4: Ziplineeeeeeeee. Once you complete each of courses (3 total) of Treetop Journey, you get to zipline your way down. But brace yourself and hope you land on your feet! Because I did not. 🤦♀️
WHAT ELSE IS THERE TO DO?
There are two other play areas at Go Ape Chicago besides the Treetop courses. You can do some Axe Throwing or jump onto their new addition: Treetop Nets!
We were lucky enough to have the place all to ourselves and check this out! Pure fun.
I’s a jungle gym: in the trees! Book your two hour slot and have at it. Fun for all! From a giant treehouses, bouncy nets and a pretty cool slide or two, there really isn’t more you can ask for. Oh yea, plus it’s outside! Check out the views from up here:
WHAT SHOULD WE KNOW BEFORE BOOKING?
Here are a few things to keep in mind:
- Face coverings and gloves are required for all participants. You may bring your own or purchase from #GoApe.
- I would highly recommend you try the Treetop Journey first before you attempt the Adventure. No matter how skilled you think you are, it is still challenging. Especially with kids.
- Pack a lunch and drinks. Leave it in your car and take a break in between your adventures and relax a bit. But they do also have a vending machine on site.
- Don’t skip the Treetop Nets. So fun! You can do it in conjunction with a Treetop or on it’s own. Come back a few times.
- Wear comfy, close toe shoes. Bring extra clothes but especially socks. You can get dirty.
- Bug spray and sunscreen but I keep this in my car at all times. You can check my summer must have list here.
- Plan to spend at least 2 hours per adventure.
- Last but not least, Inspire everyone to live life adventurously.
Until next time, have fun and be safe.