Spring has finally sprung! Kids are out and about. Outdoor sports, festivals and play dates are back and I am looking forward to it all. But to make my life easier, I keep my car ready for adventures at all times.
Through my motherhood journey I have learned a thing or two about being prepared and I am sharing my list of things you need in your car. Especially for spring, summer and sometimes even fall!
- Portable chair. I spend a lot of time at parks and splash pads with the kids. Not every location has seating, so I bring my own. Its a small camping chair that comes with a bag and it does not take up a lot of space.
- Blanket. We tend to grab our lunch and head to a park often. It is very convenient to have a blanket and just enjoy a picnic whenever we want. Plus it doubles as an actual blanket if someone is cold at a game or a festival.
- Socks, extra outfits, underwear, and light jackets. I always have a small backpack with all of this for the kids. We have been in situations where kids threw up, or couldn’t make it to the bathroom in time, or just got super dirty. It is nice to have a back up!
- Sunscreen & bug spray. Who loves a sunburn? Who loves bugs? No one. Spending so much time outdoors calls for both and having them in your car is very important.
- Wipes. I have a pack of wipes on me at all times. My kids may be 4 and 8 but trust me they still get sticky and dirty and spill things all the time. They are kids after all!
- Water & snacks. If I know I will be out for a while and it is super hot that day, I will pack a cooler as well. But typically I make sure I have bottled water and snacks with me at all times.
- Band-aids, Benadryl cream & Neosporin. Well for obvious reason but if your kids are like my kids, someone always has a blister, gets bit by a bug or falls.
- Car organizer. I purchased 2 back of the seat organizers for the kids from Amazon. It was the best purchase thus far. One it is perfect for their toys that keep them busy on long rides but it also doubles as a protector from their dirty shoes.
- Bowl. My son is infamous for throw ups. I always have a bowl in the car to catch it before it goes all over the place.
- Towels and bathing suits. While I try to plan all of our outings, a lot of times we just end up at the splash pad with friends. It’s super nice to have everything with you at all times.
For those of you wondering how I fit all of this in my car – it really does not take up that much room at all. I have a summer tote that fits all of this and I have plenty of room for groceries and other stuff. Also, if you are interested in some of the items mentioned, you can find them here:
Happy Spring & Summer!