When it comes to immunity, everyone, especially these days, is trying to stay healthy. Or at least I hope they are because being under the weather is miserable. And who wants that?
While every body is different and everyone has a different immunity level, one thing we can agree on is that vitamins are key. Whether you get your vitamins from the shop or naturally, please take them. Our diets (thanks to modern food sources), no matter how healthy we think they are, still lack the necessary nutrients our bodies really need.
Which is why, a couple of times a year, I like to make this immunity booster for my husband and I. A mini jump start to our immunity system, if you will. Besides, getting nutrients from whole foods is always a better option.
Let’s make it.
(please wash your fruit and use organic if you can)
- 1 whole lemon (vitamin C)
- half of orange (vitamin C)
- 1 inch of fresh ginger (vitamin C, B vitamins thiamine, riboflavin and niacin)
- pinch of cinnamon (anti inflammatory)
- 1 teaspoon of Manuka honey (B & C vitamins, calcium, iron, zinc, potassium, phosphorous, magnesium, selenium, chromium and manganese)
- 1 tablespoon of regular honey (antioxidant, antibacterial, antifungal)
- handful of walnuts or pecans (omega 3s)
- Add everything to a food processor and pulse until smooth like consistency.
- Store in a airtight container and place in the fridge.
- Take one teaspoon every morning.
- Make as needed.
There are other ways you can boost your immunity as well. Like getting good quality sleep, exercising regularly, managing your stress and so much more. But adding a few extra vitamins can’t hurt. Right? Take care of yourself. You only have one body, be good to it.
So, what are you doing to keep healthy?
Until next time, take your vitamins and check out some healthy smoothie combos here.