Happy September ya’ll!
You know what that means, right?
Let’s get into it.
By now, I am sure you have seen the viral trend of the 2 ingredient pumpkin loaf. If not, let me tell you that people went nuts for it last year and all of the cake mix was sold out within days. It caused such a craze that people paid triple the price online just to get their hands on a box of Spice Cake Mix.
But now I know why!
I just had to wait a year later to try it 🙂 and make it even better.
I used that trend to experiment and see if I can turn it into one of my FAVORITE fall treats of all times: Starbuck Pumpkin Loaf. AND I DID IT! The best part is it cost me less than $5 to make. #momwin
1 can pumpkin puree
1 box of Betty Crocker spice cake mix
OPTIONAL: pecans or pumpkin seeds for topping
- Preheat your oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Whisk the eggs in a small bowl.
- In another medium bowl, add your cake mix, whisked eggs and pumpkin puree.
- Mix with a spatula until all combined.
- Spray your loaf pan with baking oil, line with parchment paper and pour in the mixture.
- Top with chopped pecans, pumpkin seeds or just a little bit of sugar works well too.
- Bake for 45 minutes. But at about 4o minutes, check with a wooden skewer, in the middle, to make sure it comes out clean.
- Let it cool, on a wire rack for 20 minutes before taking out of the pan and slicing. But it’s even better the next day.
Why is my recipe better than the original 2 ingredient pumpkin loaf?
Because of the eggs. They make a huge difference. The 2 ingredient recipe is too dense. It’s not soft and decadent and I don’t like that. But you are free to try it yourself and tell me which recipe you like better.
Until next time, compliment someone today.