I will jump right in and say that I had ZERO hopes for this cake. Zilch.
But boy was I wrong. I waited far too long to make this and I will most definitely make it again.
This is a recipe that will blow you away. You won’t even believe yourself, that you made it. A cake that is so lavish, everyone will think, you own a bakery. A class act! Beautiful and out of this world decadent.
And without any flour! Say what?
Ladies and gentlemen, without further ado, let me introduce you to: Lavish Flourless Chocolate Cake!
Before I begin, I have to say that I’ve searched tons of recipes, YouTube videos and even TikTok to find the recipe that spoke to me. They all had very, very similar ingredients and steps. So I took it upon myself to put together a recipe on my own. One that has a little extra oomph. A deluxe taste and look. Let’s make it.
Lavish Flourless Chocolate Cake
- 2 chocolate bars: one dark chocolate, one milk chocolate (100g each or 7oz total)
- 8 tbsps. butter, cubed
- 5 eggs, seperated
- 3/4 cups sugar
- 3 tsps. vanilla
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 3 tbsps. cocoa powder
- 1 tbsp instant coffee
- Preheat your oven to 325 degrees Fahrenheit .
- Generously butter a 9 inch springform pan and dust all over with cocoa powder. Put aside.
- Roughly chop up your chocolate bars and cube your butter.
- In a microwave safe bowl, add your cubed butter and chopped chocolate. Melt 15 seconds at a time. You don’t want to burn your chocolate. Repeat until all melted and leave on side.
- Separate your egg whites from the yolks and place the whites in a bowl that is fitted for your stand mixer. Set the yolks aside, you will need them in step 7.
- With your whisk attachment, beat the egg whites on medium, for about a minute and then start adding the sugar, gradually. Set it on high and let it whisk for another 3 minutes or until stiff peaks form.
- While the egg whites are beating, take your chocolate and butter mixture and start adding one yolk at a time. Whisking them in gradually, one by one.
- Now add your salt, cocoa powder, vanilla, and instant coffee. Mix until combined.
- Turn off your mixer, take the bowl out, and slowly by spoonfuls, start adding your chocolate mixture to the egg whites. With a silicone spatula, gently fold the chocolate into the egg whites. Repeat until all of the chocolate is incorporated. Make sure you get the bottom of the bowl too.
- Slowly pour the batter into your buttered and cocoa powder springform pan and gently even it out.
- Bake at 325F for 45-55 minutes. At 45 minutes, with a knife, check the center of the cake. If it comes out clean, you can take it out. If not, let it bake another 5 minutes or so.
- Once you see the edges of the cake start peeling off the sides, take it out and let it cool completely (about an hour).
- With a butter knife, go around the edges of the pan, between the cake and the pan, to help the cake release easier. Just a slight scoring.
- Next, slowly release the pan. But BEWARE: when you release the springform pan, the top of the cake will collapse. Don’t panic. This is all part of the magic.
- Slice it gently with a butter knife, serve and enjoy.
TIP: you can dust it with powdered sugar or cocoa powder and serve with whipped cream, ice cream, berries, or as is.
Until next time, chocolate makes everything better!