This ground beef recipe is not only delicious, but also very easy.
It is a recipe that you can use to start including your kids in the dinner making process. Simple, fast and easy directions to follow. You can make it on a busy weeknight and everyone will love it!
Ground beef is a great, inexpensive dinner choice. It’s easy to cook up and perfect for families on the go. The following recipe is one of my favorites and I think yours will love it too! Plus the nice thing about it is that it can be easily doubled and the leftovers can be frozen for another time.
It is very forgiving as well. You can add additional ingredients or change up some of them and it will still turn out perfectly delicious.
Let’s make it.
Family Friendly Beef Tacos
- 2 pounds ground beef
- 1 packet taco seasoning
- 1 can tomato sauce or if your kids don’t mind the veggies, 1 can of Rotel
- Taco shells, either soft or hard
- Fresh cilantro
- optional toppings: onion, lettuce, cheese, avocado
- 4 cups of rice
- 1 lime
- In a medium skillet or pan, brown ground beef. It is helpful to use a slotted spoon to remove cooked meat from your pan, leaving the excess fat behind in the pan.
- Once meat is browned, add taco seasoning and tomato sauce or a can of Rotel. Mix well and sauté for another 2-3 minutes.
- Remove from heat and assemble your tacos.
make your own taco seasoning
- 1 Tbsp chili powder
- 2 tsp cumin
- 1 tsp onion powder
- ½ tsp garlic powder
- ½ tsp red pepper flakes (optional because of heat)
- ½ tsp paprika (smoked paprika for deeper flavor)
The tomato sauce is important, so make sure to use a variety that you and your family love! The Rotel is an optional ingredient; it will add a little zest. But if you’re in a pinch, grab whatever looks good at the grocery store or even from the jarred vegetable aisle.
tacos shells, warmed
Wrap corn or flour tortillas in a damp paper towel and microwave for 45 seconds. Or gently warm the hard shells in a pan to avoid cracking them.
Cilantro lime rice
This is simple. You just cook 4 cups of rice according to the directions on the bag, add in the juice of 2 limes and a handful of chopped cilantro: mix it all up. What we love about this recipe is that it’s fast, simple and has great flavor. It goes perfect with tacos and can be paired with toppings like cheese, lettuce, diced tomatoes, sour cream etc. We also love how this can be made in advance so you aren’t scrambling at dinner time.
This dinner recipe will quickly become a favorite because it’s so easy to make. It’s one of those 30 minute recipes that every family loves. It’s also budget friendly and easy to change up, which I always appreciate.
If you have ground meat on hand, then this dinner recipe can be made at a moment’s notice. You can serve it over pasta, rice, salad or mashed potatoes as well. Have fun with it.
Until next time, live every day like it’s TACO TUESDAY and check out my other easy recipes here.