Nothing says fall quiet like Pumpkin Bread. But to make it more bakery like, I’ve added a banana and a boat load of chocolate chips.
Happy Fall! 🎃🍁🍂
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 tsp of salt
- 1/2 tsp of baking soda
- 1 tsp ground cinnamon
- 2 large eggs
- 1 cup sugar, I prefer brown sugar
- 1 can of pureed pumpkin
- 1 ripe banana
- 1/2 cup vegetable oil
- 1 cup milk chocolate chips
- Heat the oven to 350 degrees.
- Grease a 8×4 loaf pan with butter and dust with flour. Set aside.
- In a large bowl, combine the flour, cinnamon, salt and baking soda.
- In a separate bowl, beat the eggs, sugar, banana, pumpkin and oil.
- Slowly add the dry ingredients to the wet ingredients and mix until combined.
- Fold in the chocolate chips.
- Pour the batter into the already prepared pan and bake for 65-75 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean.
- Cool for 15 minutes before removing and transferring to a wire rack.
- Let it rest for another 15-20 minutes before slicing and serving. This is a dense loaf and it takes time to cool 🙂
- Cool, slice, wrap in plastic and keep in the fridge for easy breakfast/ snack on the go. That is if you have any left over 😉
- Skip the banana and use 3/4 cups of oil or apple sauce
- Cut the recipe in half for a smaller loaf
- Use the same recipe to make some muffins – 10-12 medium muffins