#GivingTuesday is November 27th. But why wait for a specific day of the year to do something nice for someone?
Personally, I love to do random little things to spread kindness and give back. As someone with an entrepreneurial spirit herself, I have major respect for all mom entrepreneurs and small businesses in general. Giving back is what I do best.
As soon as I see a friend or a neighbor start a new adventure, I will buy it – share it – support it in any way that I can. It means a lot to them and to me. Even if it isn’t always reciprocated, I will try! Why?! Because I refuse to change who I am because of a select few. So now I encourage YOU to do something nice for a friend – even a stranger and come back here to tell me what you did!
If you are looking for suggestions: here are 5 things you can do this November to give back without breaking the bank!
- Buy an extra coffee and share it with a friend. Or pay for someone’s order while you are out grabbing yourself a treat. We’ve paid for strangers lunch before and it can really make someone’s day.
- Send a handwritten note to an old friend. A simple ‘thinking of you’ card goes a long way.
- Make dinner and delivery it to someone who just had a baby.
- Have a girls night at your house and ask everyone to bring a donation for a local shelter.
- Find your local mom/ dad/ friend/ neighbor that has a small business. If you can not purchase something from them, at least share their page or creation on social media. Like their posts. Comment from time to time. Trust me, it helps. When someone is starting out, any support, no matter how small can make a huge impact for a small business.
Leave a Reply