I see you!
I see you hoarding those canned goods.
You went a little overboard in the last couple of months and that’s okay. I did too. With the way everyone was behaving and shopping back in March, I am happy we snagged a few extra cans!
Let’s make some 7 can soup. Shall we?
Let’s do it.
This soup is exactly what the title says: 7 can soup. Dump it all in, let the flavors come together, serve and enjoy.
You can dump it all into a crock-pot too and leave it on low for about 4-5 hours or whip it up on the stove in 20 minutes. Up to you.
My Seven Can Soup
- 1 can of chili beans
- 1 can of black beans, rinse & drain
- 1 can of kidney or pinto beans, rinse & drain
- 1 can of Rotel (tomatoes w/ chilies)
- 1 can of dices tomatoes
- 1 can of corn, rinse & drain
- 1 can of mushrooms or peas, rinse & drain
- 5 cups of water
- 1 tsp of pepper
- 1 tbsp of salt
- pinch of cayenne for heat (skip if you don’t like spice) and add any spices you like. I added a pinch of garlic, onion and chili powder. Plus some dried parsley and paprika.
- Drain and wash your kidney and black beans, corn, peas and mushrooms.
- Add to a large pot along with the chili beans, tomatoes and rotel.
- Add your water and spices.
- Bring to a boil on high heat.
- Lower the heat to medium and simmer for 15 minutes.
- To make it super creamy, you can blend the entire pot with a handheld blender and simmer again for another 5 minutes.
- Or take about 2 cups of the soup, blend it in your regular blender (I use NINJA) and return back to pot. Simmer for another 5 minutes.
Serve and enjoy.
Optional: top with sour cream, shredded cheese, corn chips. Taste for salt.
TIPS: Use low sodium if and when available and then add salt to your liking. Use any veggies you have or want and don’t be afraid to switch it up. Canned potatoes are really goon in here as well.