I know, I know. The last thing I should be promoting is a staycation during a pandemic. But hear me out.
With proper precautions and social distancing we can still have a bit of fun. We can be careful and take a little break. Let me show you how.
DISCLAIMER: It is important to note that nothing is 100% covid safe. Please do your own research, enter at your own risk, wear a mask, wash your hands and follow all city, state and national covid guidelines. Thank you.
With a little eavesdropping and some research, I’ve discovered a slough of budget friendly hotels that offer day deals and/ or overnight stays with POOL access. Yes, you read that right. Pool! Doesn’t that sound heavenly? Ahhhh.
I never thought I would miss a public pool so much but I honestly do. That is one thing 2020 has thought me, to appreciate the little things in life.
Now I get it, you are probably thinking ‘how is that safe?’ Well, the hotels are taking extra, extra steps to ensure everything is in tip top shape. But also making sure your party is the only one at the pool during your reserved time slot. Plus time in between families for deep cleaning. Reservations are a must. Most hotels are offering 1, 1.5 or 2 hour slots. A few will let you reserve 2 slots back to back, if they aren’t too busy. Fun right?
From what I have heard, families are so impressed with the cleanliness of the rooms and how empty the hotels are. They barely run into anyone else during their stay. But the best part is that these hotels are so happy to finally see guests, that they are going above and beyond to make sure that kids have extra fun. Some hotels are including camp out gear, hot chocolate, extra treats and more.
Disclaimer: Please call ahead to check with each hotel for exact deals and details. Be safe. Wear a mask. Wash your hands and stay with your group. Plan ahead if you are staying for a day or weekend. Check for open restaurants for pick up or delivery options or room service fees. Look into outdoor activities like ice skating or walking the shore line.
Here are 5 hotels in and around Chicago that are offering amazing Covid safe, family packages.
This hotel is part of the Hiltons at McCormick Place (Chicago) hotel complex and is offering a great family staycation package for weekend stays from now until the end of April. Some of the amenities include:
- Complimentary Self-Parking at the hotel
- Dedicated pool time reserved at the front desk. Times are for one hour which includes 45 minutes of private family usage and 15 minutes for cleaning and sanitation by hotel staff.
- 40 minute pool slots
- Individually-wrapped food options are available for breakfast
- Masks and gloves are available to guests
- Guests are provided with free hand sanitizer
- Self park
- Gap period enforced between guest stays
- Free internet
- Dedicated pool time reserved at the front desk. Times are for one hour which includes 45 minutes of private family usage and 15 minutes for cleaning and sanitation by hotel staff. You can book multiple spots if they’re available
- Parking is a self park with in/out privileges for $45/ day.
- 2 hour private pool slots. Reservations are required.
- Contactless check in
- Free self parking
- Temperature checks at arrival
- Private pool slots. Reservations required.
- Special treats for birthdays like crayons, treats, and more.
- But for extra charge they will go above and beyond for kids. Just ask for their specials.
I hope to take advantage of one of these soon and if not, keep this on your bucket list for when things get better and back to normal. But if you and your family choose do visit any of these hotels. please let me know. I would love to hear your experience.