Almost every weekend my daughter requests Crepes. I don’t mind making them because it takes me the same amount of time and ingredients as pancakes or french toast. Besides I love them myself 😋
Here is a quick recipe that I use and love.
Crêpes De Luxe
1 cup of all purpose flour
1 teaspoon of sugar
1/2 teaspoon of vanilla
1/2 cup of milk
1/2 cup of warm water or sparkling water
pinch of salt
Filling: Nutella, jelly, jam, cottage cheese, eggs, etc.
Toppings: powdered sugar, fruit, sour cream, etc.
- In my Ninja blender I combine all of my ingredients and pulse about 10 times.
- Heat up a non stick pan to medium high.
- About 1/4 cup at a time, pour batter directly into the pan. Start swirling immediately until the pan is evenly coated with the batter.
- Cook until the sides start pulling apart from the pan, and the edges are slightly browned.
- Pull on the edges of the crepe with your hands and flip the crepe. Or pull to release it from the pan and be fancy by flipping it in the air – good luck and have fun!
- Cook the other side for another 30 seconds or so.
- Slide onto a paper towel lined plate and cover with a dish towel or another plate. You don’t want the crepes to dry out.
- Repeat with remaining batter.
Crepes can be served with sweet or savory toppings and many flavorful fillings. We typically eat them with Nutella but sometimes dress them up with berries or bananas, nuts and whipped cream too!
My favorite part of cooking for my family is seeing their joy and satisfaction after they eat something I made. It is truly priceless. I hope I inspire you to make something just as simple but fancy as my crepes! You can do it!