Repeat after me:
I am beautiful.
I am strong.
I am smart.
I am awesome.
I am kind.
Now let’s spread this kindness like confetti.
Make someone’s day. Send them a quick text, an email or heck, if you feel extra kind, call a friend. #bekind
Next Friday, November 13th is the official World Kindness Day. But November 9th through the 13th is World Kindness Week and I couldn’t just sit around and not share this with all of you.
So, let’s spread the spirit of kindness and bring back our compassion for others. One person at a time.
Being kind is easy and you probably don’t need me to tell you how to do it. However, during this pandemic, we have to be creative. So here are a few ideas to help you along the way.
- Visit a local nursing home and drop off breakfast or handwritten cards.
- Choose a friend and celebrate them all day. Call them, send them a note, a gift card, a gift, etc.
- Compliment a random stranger.
- Adopt a foster child for the holidays and buy everything on their list.
- Send thank you cards to soldiers or veterans.
- Leave more than a 20% tip on your next delivery order.
- Make lunch for a homeless center.
- Drop off a homemade treat at your neighbors.
- Put down your phone and be present for your family.
- Write a thank you sign or card for your garbage/ mail wo/man.
- Pay for someone in front of you. Groceries, coffee, etc.
- Write a good review for a purchase you made or service you received.
- Donate your hair.
- Leave money in a random toy box at the store.
- Pick up trash around your neighborhood.
Those are just some suggestions but I know you can be more creative than that. Please do your part and let’s lift some spirits. Let’s make people smile and laugh again. Let’s finish this year off with love and positivity. We sure could use it.
But let’s also bring it into 2021. Let’s make it part of our daily routines. Let’s slow down a bit and appreciate life, ourselves and people around us.
I know we can do it.
So…what will you do to make a difference?