I know why you are here. You want an easy and fast recipe! Me too.
However, I did NOT come up with this recipe myself. I was inspired by a few posts on social media and had to make it asap. The recipes called for traditional ingredients but I used what I had on hand and this is what I came up with for my family.
It was delicious and I will definitely make it again.
It’s equally important to note that my version is NOT your traditional lasagna. It’s more like a lasagna inspired bowl of pasta. But it tastes like one, it’s fast and that’s all that I care about today.
Let’s make it.
Instant Pot Lasagna
- 1 tbsp avocado oil
- 1/4 cup diced white onion
- 3 cloves minced garlic
- 1 lb beef
- 1 cup of water
- 1/2 cup of ricotta cheese
- 24 oz jar marinara sauce
- 3/4 box lasagna noodles broken into 2 inch pieces
- Tsp salt
- Tsp pepper
- Tsp smoked paprika
- Pinch of oregano
- Pinch of dried basil
- 1 cup shredded mozzarella cheese
- parmesan cheese as topping
- Turn on your Instant pot to sauté.
- Sauté the onions, garlic and beef in avocado oil until brown.
- Add all spices. Salt, pepper, paprika, oregano, basil.
- Add your sauce and turn off instant pot.
- Use a wooden spoon to scrape off any bits and pieces that may have stuck to the pot.
- Add the cup of water and stir again.
- Add broken up noodles. Mix to combine.
- Close the lid and lock it in place. Switch to high pressure and cook for 5 minutes.
- Once done. Use the quick release.
- Open and add your ricotta and mozzarella. Mix to melt and combine.
- Serve and garnish with parmesan and more basil if you like.
I have a 3qt Instant Pot but if you have the 6 or larger, you can double up the recipe and make for a crowd. Either way, let me know if you try this and how you like it! I love to hear your feedback.
For a more traditional lasagna recipe, check out Lasagna with a Twist.