I won’t make this long because I know why you are here. One reason and one reason only: Pumpkin Cream Cold Brew recipe.
How to make cold brew:
Buy it 🤣 Just kidding! Even though that will save you a lot of time it won’t save you money. But for emergencies, it’s nice to have a bottle of cold brew on hand.
- 1 cup of ground coffee. Dark roast preferably but medium will do. Starbucks is what we like the most but you can choose any coffee you like
- 4 cups of filtered or bottled water
- large mason jar or plastic container
Pour filtered, room temperature water over the ground coffee. Cover and leave on the counter, overnight. In the morning, strain it through a coffee filter or fine mesh strainer. Place it in the fridge until you are ready to use it. Done.
How to make Pumpkin Cream:
- 2 cups of half & half
- 1 cup of sugar
- 2 tablespoons of pure pumpkin puree
- 2 teaspoons of pumpkin pie spice
- 4 teaspoons of vanilla extract
1. In a medium saucepan heat everything except vanilla.
2. Keep whisking until steaming hot. Barely a boil.
3. Take it off the heat and whisk in vanilla. Let it cool for 5-7 minutes.
4. Pour into a glass jar/ container and store in the fridge until ready to use.
- The spices will settle to the bottom while in the fridge. Make sure you stir it before each use.
- I love to heat up the cream before I froth it. I find that it enhances the aroma and flavor each time.
- I highly suggest using a milk frother [like this one] to whip the cream before adding it to your coffee. This is what makes the Starbucks drinks so delicious.
- Whatever you do, DO NOT use a straw. Sip the drink!
Pumpkin Cream Cold Brew:
Pour 1/2 a cup of cold brew over 1 cup of ice and top it with 1/4 cup of frothed pumpkin cream goodness. Sprinkle a bit more pumpkin spice on top.