I won’t make this long because I know why you are here. One reason and one reason only: Pumpkin Cream Cold Brew recipe.
How to make cold brew:
Buy it 🤣 Just kidding! Even though that will save you a lot of time it won’t save you money. But for emergencies, it’s nice to have a bottle of cold brew on hand.
- 1 cup of ground coffee. Dark roast preferably but medium will do
- 4 cups of filtered or bottled water
- large mason jar or plastic container
Pour filtered, room temperature water over the ground coffee. Cover and leave on the counter, overnight. In the morning, strain it through a coffee filter or fine mesh strainer, place it in the fridge until you are ready to use it. Done.
Another tip is to strain it through your regular coffee maker. But make sure you have the NO DRIP option. Just place the jar in place of the carafe. Close the drip. Pour some of the cold brew into the filter, close and open drip. Repeat the process until all of your cold brew is strained.
How to make Pumpkin Cream:
- 2 cups of half & half
- 1 cup of sugar
- 2 tablespoons of pure pumpkin puree
- 2 teaspoons of pumpkin pie spice
- 4 teaspoons of vanilla extract
1. In a medium saucepan heat everything except vanilla.
2. Keep whisking until steaming hot. Barely a boil.
3. Take it off the heat and whisk in vanilla. Let it cool a little
4. Pour into a glass jar/ container and store in the fridge until ready to use.
- The spices will settle to the bottom while in the fridge. Make sure you stir it before each use.
- I love to heat up the cream before I froth it. I find that it enhances the aroma and flavor each time.
- I highly suggest using a milk frother [like this one] to whip the cream before adding it to your coffee. This is what makes the Starbucks drinks so delicious.
- Whatever you do, DO NOT use a straw. Sip the drink!
Pumpkin Cream Cold Brew:
Pour 1/2 a cup of cold brew over 1 cup of ice and top with 1/4 cup of frothed pumpkin cream. Sprinkle a bit more pumpkin spice on top.